Saturday, September 15, 2012

Travel Insurance In Nepal



These Are The Answers i have collected from Forum Asked By person interested in travelling in Nepal.

I'm travelling to Nepal with my fiancee in September (a quite budget trip), and we are thinking about, maybe, is not necessary to get a travel insurance, because actually we won't move so much (just Pokhara, Kathmanduand so on) and the insurance prices have increased a lot... What is your opinion? Can you advice me about that? What about health facilities in those cities? Thanx in advance for your replies!

IMHO to travel without Adequate health insurance is Madness
Let’s just say that you decide to go on a short trek and have an accident and need rescuing, Did you know for instance that the Nepali Authorities won’t put a helicopter into the air until they have checked that you have insurance to cover the cost !!

And if you were ever misfortunate enough to need treating in a Nepali Hospital (Although they Do Do their Very Best with the very limited facilities that they have to hand) you Could be in Desperate need of that Air Ambulance back home – But as you were a Cheapskate and didn’t bother with insurance, you would no doubt be left to cope best you could in Nepal !!!!!

This when you consider that my Full CasiVac High Altitude medical insurance costs less than 1/5th of my return flight is a No Brainer – Well at least it is to ME ?????

I have been to Nepal several times and have written up a lot of my personal experiences Including landing atKathmandu, how to get through customs and immigration Quickly, some ideas on Trekking, where to stay, eat, things to see and do + some tips on transport on
My Nepal Pages
I think that you might find them useful

No comments:

Post a Comment